The controller for your personal data is Seiko Optical Europe GmbH, Dohrweg 42, 41066 Mönchengladbach, Germany together with Seiko Optical [name and address local entity] (together hereafter referred to as “Seiko”).
1. Use of personal data
We like to give you a description of the personal data we use, for what purposes and on which legal grounds.
Website visits and requests
- When you visit our website and you request information on our products, tools or services, through the site, we use your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address to communicate with you and to comply with your request if you provide us with this information;
- We may also contact you by telephone if you have indicated to be contacted this way;
- We also use the information on your browsing and interactions with us to improve our website, products, and services;
- If you submit comments or testimonials, those posts contain your first name, last name, country, and testimonial. We use this information solely with your consent for promotional purposes and to provide information to other users to inform them about experiences about the product or the company. You can withdraw this consent at all times sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Order products as an eye care professional
- If, as an eye care professional you are ordering our products from us, we register your name, address, e-mail address, internet address, phone number, reports on visits, buying group membership (if applicable), sales order and invoice information to produce and deliver your order and to handle payment, to communicate with you and to provide customer service.
Participate in training and events as an optician or healthcare professional
- If, as an (employee of an) optician or healthcare professional you participate in training and events organized by Seiko. In case you participate, Seiko processes your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, information on the event or training and information on sports preferences, to carry out your participation and to invite you to upcoming events.
Order lenses as a consumer via your eye care professional
- If you order lenses or spectacles with prescription lenses through your optician, your optician will provide us with your prescription details so we can produce and deliver your lenses and a warranty card. If, as a reference for your order and with your consent, the optician provides your name, it is used to identify your order and to produce the warranty card.
- As an end-user, you may also choose (via your eye care professional) to use one of our tools to advise you on the type of lenses or frames that suit your preferences and needs according to your lifestyle. You can also use our tools to provide advice on the most suitable frame according to your face image. In that case, we process your name, gender, age, prescription, satisfaction, lifestyle and face image in order to provide you with this advice. We also use that data in an aggregate form for product development purposes.
- The use of data in connection with you ordering lenses and/or frames as described above might be affected by Seiko as a controller or a processor on behalf of the eye care professional, depending on local agreements and circumstances.
- If you subscribe to our Seiko Optical knowledge articles (blogs), Seiko will use your e-mail address to notify you on online articles about Seiko products, services and articles about topics you have chosen to receive from us. In case you do not wish to receive any more notifications by e-mail, you can unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- We may also send you newsletters on our products and services by postal mail. If you do not wish to receive those newsletters, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Legal ground
The most important legal ground for processing your data is that this is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Seiko, for instance, if you order a product, request certain information, register for an event or place an order. In some cases, the processing may be necessary to comply with a legal obligation, such as the obligation to keep accurate books and records for financial or tax purposes. In certain cases, the processing is based on your permission, for instance in the event of your subscription to our blogs or if you use any of the Seiko Tools to order lenses. Finally, Seiko has a legitimate interest to improve the contents of the website, its products, and services according to an analysis of your browsing behavior, purchases, and interactions with us.
3. Use of personal data by third parties
HOYA does not share your data with third parties, unless:
- You have given us your permission;
- There is a legal obligation to do so;
- When we act on your request or carry out your order to Seiko group companies, or to third-party payment or shipment providers;
- In the event of a merger with or acquisition of Seiko or (part of) its assets by a third party;
- Parties act for Seiko as a processor on our behalf.
4. Transfer of data outside the EU
Within the abovementioned purposes for the processing of data by Seiko, your personal data are transferred to processors outside of the EU. The level of personal data protection in the relevant countries is not considered similar to the EU Regulations on the protection of Personal Data. However, we have entered into data processor agreements that include the EU standard contractual clauses for processors and as a result, your data are protected accordingly. A copy of these clauses may be obtained by sending a request to DPO@seikovision.com.
5. Merger or acquisition
Seiko may transfer its enterprise as a whole or part of its assets to a third party. In that case, your personal data shall also be transferred to that party. We shall inform you hereof timely in advance. In case you do not wish to use our services anymore, you may request us to remove your data.
6. Storage period
Personal data will not be kept by us any longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were originally collected or processed further. All personal data will be stored no longer than required by the GDPR and national regulations such as financial and tax obligations. This includes ordering, financial, or contact data.
In case you order goods from us, we keep your data as long as reasonably necessary in order to comply with our warranty obligations under the applicable period.
In case you have opted in to receive newsletters from us, your personal profile is based on a history of 2 years preceding the newsletter.
If as an end user you have made use of our advisory tools, your data are kept for the longest 1 year after the advice was provided.
The storage period for customer testimonials is 3 years after the testimonial is placed.
For the storage period of cookies, the information can be found under this link.
You have the right to inspect your data and to request to correct, restrict, block or remove them. You also have the right to request a machine-readable subset of your data and store it elsewhere. Where the processing of your personal data is based on your permission, you are at all times entitled to withdraw this permission.
To change cookie settings please use this link. A change of cookie settings will have no effect on the information collected before such change.
Furthermore, you may always object against the use of your data for direct marketing purposes. You may also object against any other processing for legitimate interest purposes in connection with your personal circumstances.
Requests to exercise the above rights may be submitted by sending an e-mail to our DPO. The Data protection officer for Seiko Optical Europe may be contacted by DPO@seikovision.com.
You may also at all times file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority.
9. Changes to this policy
Seiko reserves the right to change this policy. Make sure you are always familiar with the latest version of this policy posted here. We will inform you of important changes timely in advance.